[eDebate] UW bids farewell to Eric Forslund

matt stannard stannardmatt
Wed Jun 7 08:47:33 CDT 2006

Eric Forslund has been a valuable member of the Wyoming coaching staff for
the last two years.  I want to thank him for everything he's done for the
team, and wish him the best of luck as the new debate coach at Damien High
School.  DHS is very lucky to have him.  Eric worked tirelessly for our
team, at times literally making himself ill with his endless work.  He set
an example of self-discipline and perfectionism, which resulted in
competitive success in policy debate the team had not seen in decades.
Beyond that, Eric is just a great guy, one of the nicest people you'll ever
meet, as well as being a highly preferred critic across the wide ideological
spectrums of NDT/CEDA debate.

No, he isn't perfect.  He's a Yankees fan, and when the Red Sox beat the
Yankees he turned his cell phone off in a cowardly unwillingness to take his
medicine.  But other than that, yeah, he's pretty darn close to perfect.

Good luck Eric and good luck Damien HS.  Thanks again for all your hard
work.

Matt Stannard
Wyoming Speech and Debate Union