[eDebate] Critique discussion

Matthew Cook wsu.cook
Wed Jun 7 09:38:13 CDT 2006

Matt and I had a 10 hour discussion yesterday over debate in general. About
2 hours of that time was devoted to "what K's would be good on this topic?".
Coleman had done some preliminary research, but we both agreed that CLS was
played-out, old and predicatable; its the same story acrossed the board,
actually. If the topic ends up being a rights topic, that opens up
possibilities, of course. This discussion might be premature, but the point
of this is to spur discussion over possible critiques available to us. So,
anybody? Keep in mind, contemporary and topic specific criticisms- much like
the Pan argument last year- are preferable. have at it...

Cook