[eDebate] coulter is a fucking nazi bitch

Jake Stromboli infracaninophile
Wed Jun 7 18:01:07 CDT 2006

not only does she cheat in elections to undermine the process, she will say
anything to promote fascism.   i guess she's taking out her felony charge on
9/11 widows:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002648990

9/11 Widows, New York Papers, Respond to Coulter's 'Slander'

By E&P Staff

Published: June 07, 2006 7:55 AM ET updated 10:00 AM ET

NEW YORK Syndicated columnist and author Ann Coulter appeared on the Today
show on Tuesday, promoting a new book. Host Matt Lauer asked her to explain
certain remarks in the book aimed at activist 9/11 widows, including her
charge that they were nothing but "self obsessed" and celebrity-seeking
"broads" who are "enjoying" their husbands' deaths "so much."

After she defended these statements, he closed by saying, "always fun to
have you here."

Elsewhere in the book, Coulter refers to the widows as "witches" and asks,
"how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies"?

In response, a group of five 9/11 widows, who may have been the prime
targets of Coulter's remarks, issued a statement denouncing Coulter's views.
The New York Daily News on Wednesday featured a smiling Coulter and this
headline on its front page: COULTER THE CRUEL. One story inside was topped
with "Massive Chip on Her Coulter " and another called her a "a model of
meanness."

The Star-Ledger in Newark, meanwhile, carried a story today with the
headline "For 9/11 widows, book adds insult to injury." It featured
interviews with some of the widows. The New York Post headlined a story:
"RIGHTY WRITER COULTER HURLS NASTY GIBES AT 9/11 GALS."

The Post interviewed one of the widows, Mindy Kleinberg of East Brunswick,
N.J. -- part of a group Coulter dubbed "The Witches of East Brunswick."
Kleinberg said, "We are trying to make sure that nobody else walks in our
footsteps. And if she [Coulter] thinks that's wrong, so be it." Newsday
(Melville, N.Y.) carried an Associated Press story.

Universal syndicates Coulter's column. A spokesman there told E&P it had no
response to the latest firestorm.

The five widows' statement is reprinted below (it first appeared at
crooksandliars.com).

***

We did not choose to become widowed on September 11, 2001. The attack, which
tore our families apart and destroyed our former lives, caused us to ask
some serious questions regarding the systems that our country has in place
to protect its citizens.

Through our constant research, we came to learn how the protocols were
supposed to have worked. Thus, we asked for an independent commission to
investigate the loopholes which obviously existed and allowed us to be so
utterly vulnerable to terrorists. Our only motivation ever was to make our
Nation safer. Could we learn from this tragedy so that it would not be
repeated?

We are forced to respond to Ms. Coulter?s accusations to set the record
straight because we have been slandered.

Contrary to Ms. Coulter?s statements, there was no joy in watching men that
we loved burn alive. There was no happiness in telling our children that
their fathers were never coming home again. We adored these men and miss
them every day.

It is in their honor and memory, that we will once again refocus the
Nation?s attention to the real issues at hand: our lack of security,
leadership and progress in the five years since 9/11.

We are continuously reminded that we are still a nation at risk. Therefore,
the following is a partial list of areas still desperately in need of
attention and public outcry. We should continuously be holding the feet of
our elected officials to the fire to fix these shortcomings.

1. Homeland Security Funding based on risk. Inattention to this area causes
police officers, firefighters and other emergency/first responder personnel
to be ill equipped in emergencies. Fixing this will save lives on the day of
the next attack.

2. Intelligence Community Oversight. Without proper oversight, there exists
no one joint, bicameral intelligence panel with power to both authorize and
appropriate funding for intelligence activities. Without such funding we are
unable to capitalize on all intelligence community resources and abilities
to thwart potential terrorist attacks. Fixing this will save lives on the
day of the next attack.

3. Transportation Security. There has been no concerted effort to harden
mass transportation security. Our planes, buses, subways, and railways
remain under-protected and highly vulnerable. These are all identifiable
soft targets of potential terrorist attack. The terror attacks in Spain and
London attest to this fact. Fixing our transportation systems may save lives
on the day of the next attack.

4. Information Sharing among Intelligence Agencies. Information sharing
among intelligence agencies has not improved since 9/11. The attacks on 9/11
could have been prevented had information been shared among intelligence
agencies. On the day of the next attack, more lives may be saved if our
intelligence agencies work together.

5. Loose Nukes. A concerted effort has not been made to secure the thousands
of loose nukes scattered around the world ? particularly in the former
Soviet Union. Securing these loose nukes could make it less likely for a
terrorist group to use this method in an attack, thereby saving lives.

6. Security at Chemical Plants, Nuclear Plants, Ports. We must, as a nation,
secure these known and identifiable soft targets of Terrorism. Doing so will
save many lives.

7. Border Security. We continue to have porous borders and INS and Customs
systems in shambles. We need a concerted effort to integrate our border
security into the larger national security apparatus.

8. Civil Liberties Oversight Board. Given the President?s NSA Surveillance
Program and the re-instatement of the Patriot Act, this Nation is in dire
need of a Civil Liberties Oversight Board to insure that a proper balance is
found between national security versus the protection of our constitutional
rights.

-- September 11th Advocates

Kristen Breitweiser
Patty Casazza