[eDebate] wsca call for papers

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Thu Jun 8 01:32:41 CDT 2006

  If you have any questions please contact Matt Taylor at
mtaylor at fullcoll.edu

The Western Forensic Association is accepting papers for the Western
States Communication Association Regional Convention to be held in
Seattle, Washington, February 16-20, 2007. The deadline, procedures,
and formal elements of the submission process can be found online at:
http://www.westcomm.org/conventions/WSCA-2007-Seattle/call.pdf. The
theme for the 2007 conference is ?Promoting Social Justice through
our Work.?

We are excited to announce a new element to our call for papers. In
addition to our traditional call for competitive papers the Western
Forensic Association will be expanding to include performance panels
that highlight both debate and individual events. As a result, WFA
will accept three (3) types of competitive submissions for the 2007
WSCA conference: Competitive Papers, Program Proposals, and
Performance Proposals.

Those wishing to submit traditional competitive papers and/or program
proposals should follow the guidelines offered in the call for papers
(at the URL listed above). WFA encourages two specific types of
traditional scholarship. First, we are interested in papers and
panels dedicated to the theory and practice of argumentation in the
public sphere. Second, we are interested in papers and panels
dedicated to forensics pedagogy. All submissions will be blind peer
reviewed.

Those wishing to submit a performance panel should follow the
guidelines for ?program proposals? in the call for papers (at the URL
listed above). WFA would like to encourage performance panels that
both offer an important commentary on the theme of the convention and
forensics community but also performances that will showcase our
activity to a non-forensics audience. We can imagine proposals for
debates between rival institutions on the best way for the forensics
community to promote social justice, a showcase of inventive POI?s,
and/or a showcase of rhetorical criticism as practiced in CA. We
encourage you to be creative and to celebrate what makes our
community great. All submissions will be blind peer reviewed.

If you have any questions please contact Matt Taylor at
mtaylor at fullcoll.edu.