[eDebate] ans Larson

Michael Korcok mmk_savant
Thu Jun 8 22:48:24 CDT 2006

two small corrections to Gary's recollection of the "merger":

1) one other condition came from the NDT, as I recall:  that the topic announcement be moved up.  CEDA could have prevented the "merger" by keeping the topic announcement early September but we chose at that CEDA nats meeting to move it forward to August 15 which sealed the deal.  that's how i understood it anyway.

2) CEDA leadership failed/refused to negotiate the terms of merger for a full year before the NDT?CEDA Nats despite.  whether doing so would have created a better policy debate institutional structure must forever remain counterfactual.

Michael Korcok