[eDebate] join Debate Against War

matt stannard stannardmatt
Sat Jun 24 16:06:22 CDT 2006

I have started a forum for those affiliated with the debate community who
are anti-war.  The purpose of the forum is:

1. A forum and workshop for general discussion and respectful debate on
anti-war issues, the best of which might generate public statements or
literature than can be publicly shared, and in general help members of the
anti-war movement improve and articulate their positions
2. A place where people can post information, links, and resources on
anti-war issues
3. An organizing point for anti-war events and activities, whether connected
to the debate community or other organizations
4. An "organization" in itself: an gathering of people affiliated with
academic debate, who, whatever their political differences, are united
against war (war in general and/or any number of current specific wars), who
believe that argumentation and debate can play a unique role in the public
conversation about war

The general philosophy and instructions for joining the forum can be found
here:
http://www.debatecooperative.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5909#post5909

With all respect, I am not interested in engaging in a debate with pro-war
people about the existence of this forum.  It's there for people to join if
they want to. Thanks.

matt stannard
(not speaking in any official or occupational capacity)