[eDebate] Agent debate - the Judiciary Branch of the Federal Government.

Brad Hall hallbrad
Thu Jun 1 18:51:27 CDT 2006

Two things:
1. It is pretty likely that the topic will include the Supreme Court as the
agent, based on my observations at the committee meeting -- the topic
committee made this decision yesterday afternoon and all of the potential
resolutions include it.

2. All of the cases under consideration are Supreme Court cases so a lower
court could not really do it as far as I understand. Further, the Committee
is trying to consider cases that are mostly not susceptible to the
Congress/executive cplan because the case is a Court striking down an act of
Congress or, in a couple cases, the executive. The Congress CP would just
get overturned. This does leave some agent cp ground (court stripping or
constitutional amendment), but these cplans give the aff a lot more offense
than the traditional agent cplan.

If you are looking for some more input on this tonight, I'd try the blog
because the committee is checking that more actively than e-debate.

Brad

P.S. I'm not a committee member, just sharing my observations from the past
two days here in KC.