[eDebate] changing ceda topic selection

Pacedebate at aol.com Pacedebate
Fri Jun 2 14:59:41 CDT 2006

In a message dated 6/2/2006 2:39:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pacedebate at aol.com writes:

I think  the best solution would be to jettison the area and move straight
into  w

That should have been....

I think the best solution would be to jettision the area vote and move
straight into wording papers.
I have some ideas for a detailed process the gist of it being:
Individuals write wording papers and submit them to the topic  committee. The
TC submits minimum standards for what constitutes a wording paper  but
everything that meets that standard makes it onto a ballot (replacing the  area
vote) and then the top three to five vote getters are sent back to the TC  which
then can create one or two of their own wordings similar to the one  created by
the author of the wording paper and suggest changes to the authors of  the
wording papers to their wordings. The author of the wording paper would have
veto power over any changes to their wording. This process would ensure that at
least one resolution that was true to the original papers would end up on a
ballot. It would also ensure a substantial amount of time could be devoted to
each wording.
That's the short version. If anyone thinks this is a viable idea let me  know
and I can help put together a formal proposal.