[eDebate] Time to Review the Merger

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Thu Jun 8 23:17:16 CDT 2006

Sure, I suspect it would be easy to make sure the NDT no longer debated the
CEDA topic...just go back to two value topics a year.  That would do it for
sure.

Not really sure what Andy's argument is....A team can still travel
exclusively a CEDA schedule, still attend CEDA nationals only, still set
CEDA regional or overall points championships as the squad goal.  What
exactly are you saying?  No program is forced to debate at traditionally NDT
tournaments or at the NDT.  Any program still has exactly the same choices
open to them as they did when I debated CEDA.

So, whats left, if the above is true, is the topic...and that is voted for
by the CEDA membership and written by elected CEDA leadership members.

Guess I am being somewhat purposefully obtuse but for a point...rarely was
there really an ideal romantic past and hardly ever can it be returned to.

What you are really arguing, I suspect, is that you wish more people
supported a less national circuit approach so that there was more viable
regional debate all over the country.  The lack of this is NOT the fault of
the merger...It was happening at the end of traditional CEDA before the
merger.

Josh