[eDebate] Topic/Merger/Topic Committee

debate at ou.edu debate
Sun Jun 11 20:18:27 CDT 2006

Answers to Paragraph 4 -  The actual topic!
JM: In my mind the topic is the mask. I have no preference of lists over
areas unless the lists topics get so limited that there are only 4 affs',
then the club that bludgeons schools with small coaching staffs will
re-appear.
JBH: Once again you just make stuff up and assume you know what the world
needs.....For instance, I have two coaches most years and like list
topics...You have two coaches and like area topics. Assuming you know whats
right for everyone else is more than arrogant. At least some of us who
think we know what is a good topic expose those views to the community and
ask them to decide...You try to hijack the process entirely. Beyond that
you seem to think you speak for a majority. You seem to feel you are some
kind of messiah for the silent majority. So, on one side we have a bunch of
people who put themselves up for election, gave up at least a month of their
lives to get constantly insulted and pilloried by people like you.....On the
other hand we have you - unelected, insulting, and seemingly omniscient and
omnipotent. Standing up for us all.
I never said I speak for a majority, after 100 programs left, it would not surprise me if I was in the majority.  But I have the right to offer my opinion, and those who understand me, or have helped me formulate those opinions can choose as they wish.  And as I stated, I respect the hard work people do, just disagree with some tactics on a major level.  The establishment stands up for you, don?t worry your position is strong and persuasive.
JM: On the first day I predicted the smallest lists would include the
discussion of abortion cases, they did. I predicted we would get lucky to
get an AREAS topic on the ballot, we were.
JBH: Yes, you are just like Kreskin....Only not....Thank God we have you
around to keep us all safe. Is next week Jackie walks on water week? Or
will it be parting the seas?
Actually, I will watch the Heat kick the shit of the Mavs this week?  If you like Kreskin, I don?t want to be him?
Josh
PS. Please let none of this reflect my feelings about the great work Jack
has done with his program, his teams, or him generally as a person. My
disagreements with Jackie are literally this deep. Virtually all of our
arguments are on this subject. I respect him as a coach and as a person.
However, I find much of the tone of his recent topic posts to be frankly
scary and dangerous.

I don?t need your compliments Josh, I honestly do not take them seriously.  The simple fact that when I post almost every single time you answer, but fortunately for me, when you post, I really don?t give a shit, nor feel like I need to protect the community from your ideas.

Peace

Jackie