[eDebate] Fwd: Re: SELA seeks Director of Debate

Thu Jun 15 16:48:31 CDT 2006

I want to second Eric's comments. Dr. Fontenot is a great Department Chair. She
is very supportive of the debate program. Mary McElvey, the departmental
secretary, is also extremely helpful. That can be critical for a young coach.
The administration was supportive when I was there also. There were many times
when I was able to go DIRECTLY to the Provost and, on occassion, to the
President herself if I had a problem or needed more funds to travel to the
National Tournaments at the end of the year. Hammond is a great little town to
live in.

Scott Elliott
Former DOF-SELA