[eDebate] The HEAT really is ON

Steinberg, David L dave
Sat Jun 17 14:43:55 CDT 2006

I wish Stackhouse was in for game 5, escalation helps the Heat.  But it would be inconsistent for the league not to suspend him given their recent precidents.  Udonis did far less.  And support for the suspension comes from others, including Scottie Pippin last night on ESPN.  I just hope that no instructions to Refs to tighten up the calls came with the suspension; if they let em play old school, physical basketball, the Heat is in good shape.  Thanks for the SoFla love, KC!  Go Heat.

And go Canes in the CWS tonight!

dave

David L. Steinberg, Director of Debate

University of Miami
PO Box 248127
Coral Gables, FL  33124

Wolfson Building #3015
305-284-5553 (office)
305-284-5216 (fax)

dave at miami.edu <mailto:dave at miami.edu>

________________________________

From: edebate-bounces at ndtceda.com on behalf of Josh Hoe
Sent: Sat 6/17/2006 2:32 PM
To: Jason Russell
Cc: edebate at ndtceda.com
Subject: Re: [eDebate] The HEAT really is ON

Ummmm,

First, your argument about Stack is insane (witness ESPN poll 70-30 against suspension) the hallmark of championship teams in the NBA has ALWAYS been ability to take a hard foul and not giving up layups on break-aways.  There are at least three plays like that in every finals I have ever seen and I have NEVER seen a suspension until this year.  That was a normal/typical "no layups" foul.   I could make a ton more arguments for why its a stupid suspension but I dont need to...NOBODY aside from people in Fla agrees with you (not even Shaq).

Second, my rule is not from the University of Texas.  Your argument is like saying "dont go to the Red River Shootout because its in Texas.  You live in Oklahoma...your natural pro teams are Dallas teams (gee wonder how I became a fan hmmmm.......).

You were much more persuasive on democracy in the topic process,

Josh