[eDebate] Heat facts and Fouls

Roy R. Levkovitz rlevkov
Mon Jun 19 01:34:31 CDT 2006

Josh-
You?re the silly one.  I don?t need to know anything if I work with you, you
know enough for both of us ;).

I?ll preface this, with this is my last post tonight, I?ll answer your
craziness in the omorning

I know its late, but this response is particularly weak on your behalf.

You conceded a couple of things
1.)	the actual foul discrpency was not big, and considering the hack a shaq, it
involved no difference
2.)	hack a shaq produced around 15 fouls, and 12 free throws by shaq
3.)	when you foul a lot, you go into something called the penalty.  The mavs
often hit this early, so the fouls that normally would not be shooting fouls,
became that.  That is a consequence of the hack a shaq, you risk giving others
the opportunity to go to the line a lot.  I.e any d-wade free throw 4 mins into
the 3rd quarter.
4.)	Hack a Shaq goes further then just the 4 (2 in the 4th and 2 in OT) fouls
on shaq.  Diop, and Dampier and Menegitis or whatever his name was accumulated
15 fouls together lots of them holding shaq from even taking the shot in the
paint.  Those 15 fouls combined to make for 12 free throws.

Here is where this discussion ends, and your claim of basketball superiority of
us all ends.  You?re right I didn?t keep a shot chart, but ESPN.com did and
I?ve included it here as evidence

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=260618014

Heat had 13 shots in the pain
Mavs had 3 or 3.5 depending on if you count one from the top right that is
sorta in the paint.

The mavs just don?t play the same game the heat do, their game is successful,
but does not involve taking it to the whole and inducing foul shots, its just
not the west coast game, it?s the typical game played in the east.

White Hot Heat Fan

Roy