[eDebate] Heat facts and Fouls

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Mon Jun 19 12:23:13 CDT 2006

Aaron and Roy,

Wade is not "taking it to the hole" anymore than the Mavs are....LOOK at the
SHOT chart.  The vast majority of his points were on JUMPERS banked OFF THE
GLASS.  Both teams were taking it to the hole.....the XXXX OOOO you see
literally by the basket are shots taken by Shaq not Wade.  Both Terry and
Harris attacked the goal over and over just like Wade did.  Wade did not
have dunks at the goal or shots at the goal...he did the same thing Harris
and Terry did....he just got calls.

Now, the best officials argument is just silly....Most people recognize the
NBA as the worst refereed sport....some people (Simmonds) for instance
dedicate whole columns to it (not in regards to the Mavs).  The problem isnt
that they called fouls its that they called them ONE way on drives.  That is
why Avery got a T....Harris drove to the basket - got smacked twice...no
call....immediately after crossing the timeline and getting the ball to Wade
he gets some body contact - BOOM foul....this was fairly typical of the
evening hence 25 FT disparity.

Should the Mavs have still found the fortitude to come up with a few shots
at the end...sure...winners win...losers lose...blah blah blah....but its a
fair argument to say refs should call the same fouls both ways,

BTW that last foul was not a foul.....Wade created the contact with his off
arm on Harris and Dirk at worst had accidental leg to leg contact.  If you
think that is a typical NBA end of a finals game foul you are straining
credulity.

Finally, the difference between that call and the SA foul is Dirk was in the
act of shooting and got hit across his shooting arm.  Still a bailout call
but a MUCH more typical bailout call.

Josh