[eDebate] 7'0 - cant play center!

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Mon Jun 19 12:48:55 CDT 2006

Oh and the other point, the Mavs dont need Van Horn in the game to
win....they need him for his fouls....They need Dirk and Howard and Terry
etc.

There are actually two times Shaq has been straight up one on one guarded
well in the playoffs:

1. The dream against Shaq when Shaq was with Orlando.  Dream was a verteran
and versitile center and Shaq was in his first years in the league.  Dream
took him to school.  Shaq learned alot from this contest.

2. Worm vs Shaq when Shaq was in Orlando....Only small guy ever to D Shaq
well.  Shaq was still young and nowhere near as wiley.  Say what you want
about the worm...he could play out of his mind D.

The Detroit championship year they mostly doubled Rasheed with Wallace (two
center sized people) and did not play him straight up.

So in Shaq's million playoff years that is it....I guess Dirk is in alot of
pretty good company in not being able to guard the premier center in our
league one on one.

The question is why would you ever play your superstar forward out of
position on a guy he cannot defend straight up...I would love for you to
show me some examples of coaches doing this,

Josh