[eDebate] iraq debate database

matt stannard stannardmatt
Tue Jun 20 16:10:31 CDT 2006

Korry Harvey and Steve Woods of Western Washington University Debate have
been principle organizers of the CASCAID peace conference in Bellingham for
the past couple of years (http://www.wwucascaid.org/conference06.htm).  They
would be good contacts for debate-related anti-war organization efforts.

A database unique to the debate community (with links to the thousands of
other web-based resistance sites) sounds like a great idea, and would be
quite easy to assemble.

Here in Laramie we'd be happy to host public debates about any and all
issues surrounding the war.  I will make sure at least one such debate takes
place at the beginning of the new semester.

My feeling about demonstrations at tournaments or on campuses is that they
should be student-organized and led.

Finally, we should not confine this activism to the NDT/CEDA community, but
should involve like-minded people in other debate communities as well.

stannard