[eDebate] DCUDL debater in desperate need of financial assistance to attend summer debate institute!!

chris bonilla bonilla_chris
Thu Jun 22 14:48:04 CDT 2006

chris bonilla <bonilla_chris at yahoo.com> wrote:      Hello edebate community my name is Christopher  Bonilla. I am a debater in the DCUDL. We debate in tournaments all over  the country, against highly competitive teams.Debate has many posetive  impacts, including increased student acheivement, college scholarships,  and highly honed critical thinking skills.
      Unfortunately debate is one of the many  extracurriculars that is not supported financially by DC public  schools. Where many other schools pay the expenses for thier teams to  attend tournaments, summer camps, and workshops, DC teams need to work  for it.
     In order to stay highly competitive  nationally, debaters need to hone thier skills and be able to  participate in tournaments on the national level, which we can't do  with out the help of businesses and people like you. The contributions  of many different people are what have kept the league afloat and  student participation raising steadily in the past 5 years, in  contributions ranging from as little as 10 to 20,000 dollars. The  leagues most pressing concern is funding for students to attend debate  camps this summer.
       This summer i am raising money in order to atteand Michigan State  University Spartan Debate Institute in order to sharpen my debate  skills and remain highly competitive amongst the other debaters in my  league. Any contribution would be highly appreciated. Please take a  look at the following before you decide whether to contribute. Thanks  for taking the time to listen to my needs,  and if you could  contribute today, it would go a long way towards helping me reach my  goal.
      If your are willing to contribute  please contact me by phone at (202) 249-2156 or (202) 907-0267 or via  emial at bonilla_chris at yahoo.com.