[eDebate] WVU thanks and comments

Tim Dale timatsouthbend
Mon Mar 6 13:56:19 CST 2006

I want to echo the thanks and congratulations to WVU for hosting a great
JV/Novice Nationals. The tournament was run beautifully, and coupled with
the fantastic hospitality this was definitely one of the best tournaments of
the year.

As for next year, we would prefer little change from the schedule this year
at WVU. 7 rounds seems about right, and our students appreciated getting
back to school in time to take mid-term exams this week. Because of the
importance of class attendence at our school, we have had to avoid
tournaments that last through Monday. (It is much easier to get a program
off the ground when we don't have to explain to administration why students
are missing 2-3 class days for a weekend debate tournament.)

I also want to thank everyone who has helped us restart our policy program
at Notre Dame. We have received much support and advice from many of you,
and have witnessed how welcoming this community can be.

-Tim Dale
Notre Dame Debate