[eDebate] WVU JV/Nov. Nats---WOW!!

DARREN ELLIOTT elliottdarren
Mon Mar 6 20:26:04 CST 2006

To Neil and his team,

The WOW part of the subject line says it all.  This was our 1st year
attending the East Coast JV/Nov Nats and it will become a constant on our
travel schedule.  You and your team did an excellent job and I cannot tell
you how great I thought the whole experience was.  You all went above and
beyond expectations and the hospitality was unbelievable.  Folks no one else
provides such ammenites including dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on
Saturday, and even lunch on Elim day, not to mention countless snacks and
drinks all day every day.  All of this for the very low entry fee of ZERO
dollars.  Additionally having prefs in both divisions is something
tournaments do not do often enough and I think it sends a great message
about the commitment to everyone debating.  Hats off to you for making this
wonderful event happen and your admin. for supporting the job well done.  My
only request is next year to not schedule me to judge on 1st floor Woodburn.
  I think I gained 10 lbs during prep time of the debates I watched. : )

Let me add that the campus is beautiful, the facilities are perfect for a
large tournament, and the awards assembly was great.  I am a fan of
assemblies that take the time to celebrate debate and the great people in
it.  It's also a great way for folks from different Regions to connect with
one another.  Even as we were leaving one of your debaters (one of the 2
women who had worked 1st floor Woodburn all weekend) took the time to turn
from what she was doing preparing the lunch table and told me thanks for
coming and making the drive all the way to Morgantown.  It was a good
sendoff from a great weekend.  The WVU crew is amazing.  It took us 15 hours
to drive there and 15 to get home.  And pulling in to campus at 6am on
Monday morning did not bother me at all given what we had been a part of.
Thanks to you and yours for being so welcoming!

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP Elect