[eDebate] Recruiting at Comm. Coll. Nats

Darren Elliott delliott
Tue Mar 7 22:08:13 CST 2006

Would someone please forward this to the I.E. and Parli List servs as well?

Kansas City Kansas Community College will host the Community College National Tournament (Phi Rho Pi) from April 11th - April 15th, 2006 in downtown KC, MO at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

Interested parties are welcome to send recruiting materials to the host to display on a recruiting table throughout the tournament.  Many of these students are still looking for 4-year Colleges and Universities to attend in order to finish their 4-year degrees.  Programs with debate and I.E. programs looking to recruit new members should consider tapping into the Community College National Tournament.  This tournament is the largest intercollegiate tournament in the country with hundreds of competitors in Policy and Parli Debate and I.E. events.  Sending recruiting materials is a great way to connect to potential transfer students.  Flyers, brochures, college pamphlets and catalogs are all good ideas.  You are of course welcome to attend in person as well and watch students compete and talk to them in person.  Others have in the past and found it a great way to find new competitors.  Competition runs from Tuesday through Saturday.

If you wish to have your materials on display for students to pick up, please mail them to the tournament host:
Darren Elliott
Director of Debate KCKCC
7250 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66112