[eDebate] Waitlisted Teams for CEDA Nationals-Everybody's In! -- UPDATE/QUERY

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Thu Mar 9 13:35:39 CST 2006

Quick note regarding Will's earlier email -- and if I'm wrong about this
Will please clarify.  I thought there was a line that wasn't all that clear
and after re-reading it and the invite I think I figured out what Will meant
to say.  Unless I'm wrong, when he says:

"d) make sure your team and judge entry are finalized and reflect the rules
of the tournament outlined in the invitation (available at debateresults or
on the CEDA website, www.cedadebate.org)."

I think what he means to say is remember the following provision from the
invite:

"ALL JUDGES ARE COMMITTED FOR A MINIMUM OF FOUR PRELIMINARY ROUNDS AND
THROUGH THE DOUBLE-OCTOFINAL ROUND, whether or not their teams break to
elimination rounds." (emphasis in original)

I think he's telling us to remember that we should all be in the pool for at
least 4 no matter how much we might otherwise be committed mathematically.
So if you only need to be in for 2 rounds, feel free to sell the other 2
rounds because the tournament is obligating you for 4 in order to maximize
the quality of the pool.

Joe