[eDebate] COACH DEBATE AT THE UNIV. OF ROCHESTER

jmill12 jmill12
Fri Mar 10 13:16:31 CST 2006

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Ken Johnson" <kenrjohnson at msn.com>
To: debate at cif.rochester.edu
Subject: [Debate] COACH DEBATE AT THE UNIV. OF ROCHESTER
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:42:15 -0700

COACH POLICY DEBATE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER!!!

This is not a formal announcement
 just trying to figure out who is out
there.

The University of Rochester Debate Union may have two openings this fall for
assistant debate coaches.  Our compensation ranges from $12-16 thousand with
full university health benefits.  Duties include judging many debate rounds
at regional and national tournaments and holding regular hours to watch
practice debates, help debaters fine-tune their arguments, and to train new
debaters.  There are no firm research requirements, but successful
candidates will be enthusiastic about helping the URDU succeed at all levels
of debate (We are JV champions, 3rd at novice nationals, and have qualified
to the NDT for 5 years ? it is important to us to balance all of these
priorities).

Helping new debaters grow through debate is a major part of this job.
Please do not apply if you only want to help the ?ndt caliber? portion of
our squad.

If you have a desire to work with one of the largest policy debate programs
in America, please send me an email or speak to me at the NDT and/or CEDA
nationals.  If you want the inside story from current and former assistants,
feel free to speak candidly with  Gordie Miller, Kate Baxter-Kauf, Mike
Baxter-Kauf, Christy Webster, Sarah Snider, Adam Lee, and Steve Llano about
their experiences in Rochester.

We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and debate experiences to
consider applying.

Thank you,

Ken R. Johnson
Director of Forensics