[eDebate] Liberty Debate on CBS - Friday

SSbauschard2 at aol.com SSbauschard2
Mon Mar 13 17:06:05 CST 2006

_http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/03/eveningnews/main1276706.shtml_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/03/eveningnews/main1276706.shtml)

(javascript:launch('SendStory',540,400,'/htdocs/send_article/framesource.html?story_headline=You+Choose,+Steve+Hartman+Reports&story_url=http://www.cbsnews
.com/stories/2006/02/03/eveningnews/main1276706.shtml');)
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/03/eveningnews/printable1276706.shtml)

(http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v5|33a7|0|0|*|l;44306;0-0;0;12604793;10555-234|42;0|0|0;;~sscs=?)

 (http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/sponsors
hips.cbsnews.com/fs/cbsnews;page=homepage;sec=3420;tile=1;dcopt=;pop=off;sz=234x42;ord=2006313150458000?)

You Choose, Steve Hartman Reports

NEW YORK, March 13, 2006
____________________________________

CBS News correspondent Steve Hartman  (John  Filo/CBS)

Your Turn

E-mail us your Assignment  America story ideas at _assignment at cbsnews.com_
(mailto:assignment at cbsnews.com) .

____________________________________

(CBS) Every year the major networks (CBS included)  spend millions of dollars
trying to figure out what people want to see on TV.  Yet, in the end, much of
the programming isn't what you would have picked  at all.

That's why we're now giving you a direct say in the matter. You  and the rest
of our viewers will be able to pick some of the stories we air on  the CBS
Evening News with Bob Schieffer.

You, the viewer,  are officially in charge of all the assignments of CBS News
correspondent  Steve Hartman. You get to tell him where to go and what to do ?
 within  reason, of course.

Every Friday we present three story pitches and you  get to vote for the
story you think sounds most interesting. Whichever story  gets the most votes by 2
p.m. ET on Monday is the winner.

Last week  viewers decided they wanted Steve Hartman to report on _a hip-hop
violinist_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/10/eveningnews/main1391508.shtml) .

This week's  winning story pitch is:

Meet America's top-ranked college debate team. Move over Harvard,  here comes
Liberty University.

Watch Friday's CBS Evening News  with Bob Schieffer to see Steve's report.

?MMVI, CBS  Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.