[eDebate] Asst. Director Opening---U. of RICHMOND

Kuswa, Kevin kkuswa
Fri Mar 17 12:59:13 CST 2006

Hi all.  Adrienne Brovero will be vacating the Asst. Director position
here at Richmond at the end of the year.  We have been extremely
fortunate to get a chance to work with her and wish her the best of luck
in her new job.  She is also willing to answer questions you might have
about the position (abrovero at richmond.edu).

This is a good job.  Richmond is a great city and living expenses are
surprisingly low.  We are 90 miles south of DC, 90 miles west of
Virginia Beach, and 90 miles east of the Appalachian Trail.

We have a young and motivated squad, the school is extremely supportive
of debate, the Dept. of Rhetoric and Communication Studies is great
group to work with, and teaching here is an inspiring experience.
Please contact me with any questions-the official advertisement is
below.  We will begin accepting applications now and continue the search
until the position is filled.  Feel free to talk to me at the NDT next
week.  kevin

University of Richmond

Assistant Director of Debate

The Dept. of Rhetoric & Communication Studies at this highly selective,
private, primarily undergraduate university invites applications for an
Assistant Director of Debate (three year, renewable contract) to join a
growing department and a debate program with a rising national profile.
Teaching excellence and experience coaching policy debate are a must,
with teaching responsibilities to include 2 courses per semester from
the candidate's areas of expertise (ideally including public speaking
and argumentation & debate).  PhD preferred, MA required.  In addition
to teaching two courses per semester, the successful candidate will
assist in directing and coaching a national NDT/CEDA debate program,
including hosting a national tournament, traveling with the team to
competitions, directing a summer debate institute (for a substantial
salary supplement), and conducting research assignments.  Applicants
should submit a curriculum vitae, copies of graduate transcripts, brief
statement of teaching/coaching philosophy, sample syllabi, and contact
information for at least two references to Dr. Kevin Kuswa, Search
Committee Chair, Dept. of Rhetoric & Communication Studies, University
of Richmond, VA 23173.  (Address questions to kkuswa at richmond.edu.)
Review of applications will begin March 20th, with an anticipated
starting date of August 2006.  Salary commensurate with experience.  The
University of Richmond is committed to developing a diverse workforce
and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of difference in ways that promote excellence in
teaching, learning, personal development, and institutional success. Our
academic community strongly encourages applications that are in keeping
with this commitment. For more information about the department, see
http://rhetoric.richmond.edu/.

Dr. Kevin Douglas Kuswa

Director of Debate, Dept. of Rhetoric & Comm. Studies

400-A Weinstein Hall
(U)

University of Richmond, VA 23173                           Spide(R)bate

(804) 289-8269