[eDebate] nw ceda champs, final results

Sue Peterson bk2nocal
Mon Mar 6 02:05:51 CST 2006

I would just like to thank Jim for reintroducing the Northwest CEDA Champs tournament this year and for being such a wonderful host.  I hope more of you will consider putting this tournament on your calendar for next year!

  Jim really brought back the Northwest CEDA spirit, with endless food, great competition, and wonderful camraderie.  I don't know how many of you out there remember the great (and hilarious) tribute speeches for graduating seniors at Northwest CEDA Champs past, but I, for one, feel privileged to have heard first-hand the tribute speeches this year.  This tournament really offers a unique competitive experience that is a great warmup for the NDT/CEDA Nationals and a not-to-be-missed experience for the graduating senior!

  Thanks to Jim and to the rest of the Northwest for including us in your competition and celebration!  I look forward to joining you for many more in the future.  And I hope more of you can make it out in the future!

  --Sue

Jim Hanson <hansonjb at whitman.edu> wrote:
  thanks to all for joining us!

detailed results are at:
http://www.whitman.edu/rhetoric/54ceda2006.htm

finals
whitman ss and whitman bb

semis:
whitman ss 3-0 over florida bw
whitman bm over whitman rs

quarters:
whitman ss 3-0 over ups bc
florida bw 2-1 over whitman ah
whitman bm 3-0 over gonzaga bh
whitman rs 3-0 over denver em vs

emporia st cr (missed on points), pepperdine ms, and denver sw were in break
rounds.

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu

Sue Peterson
Director of Forensics
Pepperdine University

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
--John F. Kennedy