[eDebate] WVU Jv/Novi Nats was awesome!

Sarah Snider snider.sj
Tue Mar 7 13:05:45 CST 2006

I agree that the WVA novice/JV nats was awesome!

I couldn't believe how much food they  were feeding us given that we didn't
pay fees for this tournament!

I would totally understand though, if in the future this tournament charged
a fee and I am sure that if that ever does occur Neil will work incredibly
hard to keep the fees as small as possible.

One suggestion to assist with scheduling concerns which I think are the
biggest of the small concerns I have about this tournament is to look into
perhaps getting rounds in the student union for elims on Monday and not bank
on a hotel. There may be a difference in cost and in the overall quality of
the facilities. I would urge Neil to look into all available options.

We can't get out of the first day at 11:15 pm, and then have an 8am start
time the next day!

I agree with Ken Johnson that the community should find a way to ensure that
the WVU debaters do not have to sit out for Nationals.

And don't take prefs away from JV and Novice debaters! every tournament
screws these students over on prefs all year long we owe them prefs for
their national championship.

Those of you who did not attend this tournament, it was fantastic and you
should look into it next year for sure! I am really glad that this
tournament has made it through a shuffle of hosts in the last three years.

Sarah