[eDebate] WVU course reversal? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Ken DeLaughder kenedebate
Wed Mar 8 14:43:13 CST 2006

Ok, move it to the midwest, and make it more central... or keep it in WVA!

I will join in.  For those of us who flew, Pittsburgh was a REALLY cheap
(less than $200!!!) plane trip and Enterprise rented us a minivan for less
than 200 with our corporate account number.  That is cheap compared to other
"national" tournaments. a major airport within 60 miles.. that's a keeper.

I think Neil did one hell of a job, so did his students (and I am sorry I
didnt think about them not competing).  For us it as one week before
midterms, (even though JCCC is feeling the brunt of our midterm woes) so it
was academically helpful as well.

The team diversity was awesome, even though we had our complaints (and yeah
some on my folks were unhappy) ALL of them unanimously supported the good
time we had.  We did have some issues, but you know, those are only things
to be worked out.  One of my debaters described it as the best time they had
at a tournament all year.

It is hard to host that many teams... and outrounds felt as difficult as
CEDA for those people.  In fact, we'll see some of those teams in outrounds
of CEDA I'm sure.  We loved being able to go somewhere we hardly ever see.

D3 teams DROVE to this tournament.  I doubt if they could've driven much
further.  I know some of you in the East don't drive this far normally, but
the I-35 corridor became the I-70 corridor for one weekend.  The hotel was
super, and Neil's changes to the schedule seem VERY reasonable.

I would hope that food of all things (and yeah you didn't have to pay for
it) was not your concern.  Is it so far removed from the days when
tournament food was rare that we now tank tournaments over free food?  It
wasn't the best, but neither is the cafeteria.

I'm sure a modest fee could change that as well.

Neil, you did great, and I hope you reconsider.  I support Tuna's arm
twisting.  If you want to move it somewhere, how about moving it to JCCC and
having ONE BIG JV NATIONALS.  I think JCCC could hold us all... Teri?