[eDebate] JV/Novice Nationals

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Thu Mar 9 08:17:13 CST 2006

I was going to respond to this point by point, but Matt's post did that
perfectly already.  As I said in my original post, if an amendment were
raised to put the CEDA executive on this case, so be it, but as is, CEDA can
just offer unofficial guidance.  As for unofficial guidance, for my part I
refer to the arguments against sanctioning a sole tournament made in my
first post and Matt's post that explain why attempting to limit the
tournaments can only depress JV/Novice participation which is antithetical
to the CEDA mission.

Putting aside the concept of limiting these tournaments to one, is there a
need for a CEDA to resolve the specific WVU/Towson situation?  I still say
no.  The discussion is beginning a year early and both potential hosts are
getting a lot of input from the schools who attend the tournament and from
my vantage point as a school involved in these discussions, I expect this to
be resolved soon on that basis.  Hosts and attending schools talking through
the issue and reaching consensus.

Joe