[eDebate] JV/Novice Nationals

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Thu Mar 9 08:33:25 CST 2006

Yeah, what Joe said.  As per my last post, I'm not going to comment on the specifics of Beth's proposal until others have had a chance to weigh in (by Monday afternoon, please, though we do note that Johnson County JV/Novice Nats are going on), but it is something that can be resolved without official intervention.
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe Patrice<mailto:joepatrice at gmail.com>
  To: edebate at ndtceda.com<mailto:edebate at ndtceda.com>
  Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [eDebate] JV/Novice Nationals

  I was going to respond to this point by point, but Matt's post did that perfectly already.  As I said in my original post, if an amendment were raised to put the CEDA executive on this case, so be it, but as is, CEDA can just offer unofficial guidance.  As for unofficial guidance, for my part I refer to the arguments against sanctioning a sole tournament made in my first post and Matt's post that explain why attempting to limit the tournaments can only depress JV/Novice participation which is antithetical to the CEDA mission.

  Putting aside the concept of limiting these tournaments to one, is there a need for a CEDA to resolve the specific WVU/Towson situation?  I still say no.  The discussion is beginning a year early and both potential hosts are getting a lot of input from the schools who attend the tournament and from my vantage point as a school involved in these discussions, I expect this to be resolved soon on that basis.  Hosts and attending schools talking through the issue and reaching consensus.

  Joe