[eDebate] ndt fees?

Frappier, Glen frappier
Thu Mar 9 17:20:56 CST 2006

Anyone who has ever hosted the NDT knows that it is simply not feasible to work on the "honor system".   Hosting the NDT is no small task and it is not cheap.  I'm not sure if you've ever dealt with catering on campus or at a hotel, but cheese and crackers might as well be gold and platinum to those people.
I know many hosts who have been left holding a bill for 1000s of dollars because the honor system failed miserably.   Tell you what Andy, you and whatever school you'll be affiliated with next year should put in a bid to host. I will back your bid on the committee 100%.   You can implement the "lets trust everyone" plan and you tell me how that works out for you.

Glen

________________________________

From: edebate-bounces at ndtceda.com on behalf of Andy Ellis
Sent: Thu 3/9/2006 2:54 PM
To: edebate
Subject: [eDebate] ndt fees?

Boy this sucks.

I'm bring a bunch of young studnets and some of the coordinators from our league and they have to pay roughly 200 dollars if they want to eat some cheese and crackers and hear the goddamn pairiings be read? I mean im pretty sure we can avoid eating your cheese and crackers and sitting through the tedious pairing reading, but come on wasnt our corporate benafactor supposed to make the ndt better? if these things are good parts about the ndt wouldnt it be better if we let all the people who are attending to have this priviledge? We wont eat at your banquet, and i will bring some folks who learn the main lesson which is if you dont got super big bucks then you dont get to go in the door. Good thing the valuble part is what happens in debate rounds... No really we will have a good time and learn alot, no thanks to the attempt to prevent that....