[eDebate] NDT Fees

matt stannard stannardmatt
Thu Mar 9 19:05:22 CST 2006

The last three posts by Gordon, Andy and Steve are reasonable, honest,
constructive, and non-sarcastic.  I appreciate them.

If, as can be reasonably argued, there's no need for people to be
reactionary and fire off complaints on edebate about the costs associated
with the NDT, it is equally true that there is no reason to answer those or
any other complaints with dismissive sarcasm.

The long-term aspect of this issue is simple: It is really, really expensive
to attend the NDT, and even moreso when bringing observers.  Lamenting this
fact is not tantamount to selfishness or utopianism.  It is also really,
really expensive to host the NDT.  A lamentation on the costs of attending
should not be construed as an attack on those gracious enough to host.

This is one instance where the "we're all in this together" cliche actually
rings true.

stannard