[eDebate] COACH DEBATE AT THE UNIV. OF ROCHESTER

Ken Johnson kenrjohnson
Fri Mar 10 13:19:33 CST 2006

COACH POLICY DEBATE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER!!!

This is not a formal announcement ? just trying to figure out who is
out there.

The University of Rochester Debate Union may have two openings this
fall for assistant debate coaches.  Our compensation ranges from
$12-16 thousand with full university health benefits.  Duties
include judging many debate rounds at regional and national
tournaments and holding regular hours to watch practice debates,
help debaters fine-tune their arguments, and to train new debaters.
There are no firm research requirements, but successful candidates
will be enthusiastic about helping the URDU succeed at all levels of
debate (We are JV champions, 3rd at novice nationals, and have
qualified to the NDT for 5 years ? it is important to us to balance
all of these priorities).

Helping new debaters grow through debate is a major part of this
job.  Please do not apply if you only want to help the ?ndt caliber?
portion of our squad.

If you have a desire to work with one of the largest policy debate
programs in America, please send me an email or speak to me at the
NDT and/or CEDA nationals.  If you want the inside story from
current and former assistants, feel free to speak candidly with
Gordie Miller, Kate Baxter-Kauf, Mike Baxter-Kauf, Christy Webster,
Sarah Snider, Adam Lee, and Steve Llano about their experiences in
Rochester.

We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and debate
experiences to consider applying.

Thank you,

Ken R. Johnson
Director of Forensics