[eDebate] Graduate Assistant / Debate Coach Position at Eastern NewMexico University

Ken DeLaughder kenedebate
Tue Mar 14 13:43:19 CST 2006

I'll put my plug in for the hounds.

ENMU has had a long tradition of good debaters and good coaches.  Mick
Souders is at KU, Chuck Waltz was in the PH D program at SIU, John Foy is
working with Idaho State, Katie Gilkinson is an archivist is Dallas, and
Scott Fuqua and Matt Barreto work as attorneys and for a policy think tank
respectively, as well as many other fine students and coaches to go through
the program.

Jackie Massey and myself once coached the greyhounds and we run programs at
OU and ESU.

In the time Ive known the program we have had 2 CEDA quarterfinalists, and
an NDT outround participant (we always qual'd teams when I was at ENMU).
The program is well supported and I had a great time in grad school.  Dr.
Schroeder is one of the best bosses I've ever had!

You get to teach your class how you want (within reason) no scripts to
follow.  I designed my own tests, and got a lot of freedom in the classroom.
  It really benefitted me when I went to ESU, I didnt have to learn the
ropes about how to do those things.  Schro will work closely with you to be
a great teacher.

I encourage folks to apply.

Woof Woof

Ken DeLaughder