[eDebate] And so its official...you can apply now.

Phillip Samuels iriamenzo
Thu Mar 16 03:13:27 CST 2006

Ken,
I know we don't talk as much as we should but I want you to know that I
consider you one of my best friends.  You have done so much for me I don't
have the space to thank you for all of it.  I know we did not always see eye
to eye about everything (I rarely do with most people).  But you did
something for me that a) you did not have to do and b) no one else would
have.  You gave me a second chance at life.  You not only let me come to
Emporia and debate for the hornets but you gave me scholarship (without
which I could not have gone to school).  Most people don't know the Ken that
I know and most people don't know how much you loved this activity and your
job.  More importantly most people don't know how good your heart really is.
  Unfortunately, our ?community? is often very judgmental and superficial
and sometimes it keeps them from realizing that there is more to this
activity than how you do at the NDT.  For me it?s the friends that I?ve made
and hope to keep for the rest of my life.  My friends from ESU-- Sam, SJ,
Register, JT,  Kelly, Tiara,  and you are people that even if I don?t talk
to you all the time are people that I would do almost anything for.  We were
more than a team we were a family. I am going to miss you.  You leaving the
activity is going to be hard on me-- more than you know.  Often when I feel
out of place at a tournament I can come find you and the JT and I feel at
home again.  I feel comfortable.  That means a lot to me even if I never say
it.    I admit I worry about who will be at ESU in the future.  I want the
program to live on and give other people, who have no where else to go, a
chance.  I hope life after debate is everything you hope for.  I know this I
have very high expectations of you.  You are too smart, cunning, and
opportunistic to not make the outside world work for you.  Good Luck.  And I
will miss you---Phil D

<DIV>
<P><SPAN DEFANGED_STYLE="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'"><FONT
size=2><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/><o:p></P></o:p></FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<P>
<HR>

<P><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>As people do better, they start voting like
Republicans... </FONT></STRONG> <BR><B><FONT color=#ff0000>...unless
they have too much education and vote Democratic, </FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT color=#ff0000> which proves there can be too much of a
good thing." --Karl Rove</FONT></B><BR></P></DIV></html>