[eDebate] DCA Debater # 7- Brad Hall

Aaron Kall mardigras23
Sat May 13 13:04:40 CDT 2006

Brad Received 39 Total Votes

The Life and Times of Bradley Christopher Hall.

?If animals don?t want to be eaten, why do they wrap themselves in delicious
meat??
-B. Hall

?Don't miss out - I hear he's preparing a Jell-O mold in the shape of the
entire "Saved by the Bell Cast" (including Tori! Success!).?
-B. Hall

?Do you like runny eggs?? ?I dunno, I don?t like runny poop does that help??
  -B. Hall

Little Brad
Brad was born in Manhappenin? Kansas and I had the privilege of getting some
insight in his childhood. First of all, when he was 3 and his sister was 1,
I saw with my own eyes how crafty little Brad was. In a great home video,
Brad unwrapped all his sisters presents and then sneakily stole every one-
the piano, the flash light, even the vanity set. ?Cawwie? was none the
wiser.

He also threw up all the time until about the age of 12. He would throw up
whenever he was nervous which apparently happened just about everyday. His
sister apparently as a four year old said, ?will you go ahead and throw up
already so we can go inside!?  This was on their way to church. Brad is also
deathly afraid of roller coasters and as a middle schooler threw up in the
parking lot of Six Flags just at the thought of all those scary roller
coasters.

The High School years
So unfortunately it was a bit hard to find funny stories about Brad Hall
because every time I asked anyone for information and ideas, all they would
say is ?didn?t he shit his pants?? Yes he did shit his pants. Here?s the
story. Brad?s senior year he was at a debate tournament at Hays High School
(same city Fort Hays is located in). Right before the quarters his coach
came into the bathroom where Brad was washing his hands. As he was coaching
Brad for the upcoming round, Brad apparently made a very odd face and his
coach said, ?What did you just do?? Brad said, ?give me 15 minutes.? He
apparently sharted- thought he had to fart, but it came with a surprise.
Somehow he cleaned up and still debated in the quarters going commando. He
proceeded to win the tournament and it was the only tournament he ever won
in his career. Luckily his superstitious nature didn?t carry over to an
assumption that shitting his pants would lead to championships.
Also, it is interesting to note that this was one of the very first stories
Brad told us freshman year. I remember going to an early party and being
like ?This is the guy that shit his pants, I don?t remember his name, I
think its Bart.? {the rest of us know that this story was really love at
first sight for liz-jc}

For debate, Brad was really successful in Kansas. However, their entire neg
strategy every single round was Executive Order. It took awhile for the
other Kansans to pick up on this, but at his 7th tournament a team in the
semis changed their plan to the Executive and Brad had nothing to say so he
lost.

The College Years

Brad also has a tendency to write me love notes and leave them around the
squad room. For example, a couple of frosh found this one before a practice
debate:

Dear Elizabeth,
You are a dirty slut-ass ho bag.
Love,
Brad

As you can tell he?s a very caring boyfriend. For example take the following
conversation that took place in a bar:
Me (almost in tears): ?That guy said that I?m a bitch!?
Brad: ?Hey call a spade a spade, right? Right?? (Tries to high-five me)

Brad?s also not exactly a believer in the ?cleanliness is next to Godliness?
motto. His room freshman year was something like what I imagine Strauss?
natural abode to be. That is, the floor was never in sight, mostly due to
the various items of rotting food covering the place. By halfway through the
first semester, I stopped even walking through his hall because the smell
would get to me. Naturally, Leung and Jamie would request him as a roommate
the next year.