[eDebate] Invitations for Debate tournaments in Baltimore

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu May 18 10:10:34 CDT 2006

Hello,

I have attached all four invitations for the tournaments in Baltimore. I
will post them individually to edebate momentarily, one note about
housing-we are not negotiating a hotel deal, we cannot guarantee enough
outside participation to make that a reasonable risk, we will however
provide a list of local hotels and will help you coordinate with other teams
so that group rates can be available. We also encourage you if you are
attending more than one of them to find a hotel with a good rewards program
and use it frequently, this could be year long savings of between 10 and 20
per cent and over the course of four tournaments can lead to great savings.
We will be posting a hotel guide and updating it frequently including
information on group rates and rewards programs. One  note, we have decided
in cooperation with James Madison University to make our November tournament
a 2 day 5 round tournament instead of a 3 day 6 round tournament. We believe
this is the best solution to facilitate as much debate as possible in the
mid-Atlantic region and thank JMU and Neil Berch for cooperation and
coordination. Finally, we do not explain in the invitations the tab room
staff. We will be seeking tabbing staff for each tournament from the
attendees and will make sure that in addition to the tournament staff there
is at least one person from other schools in each tab room.

Thank you and we will see you in the fall and spring in Baltimore.

Andy Ellis