[eDebate] KC Guide to Jazz and live music

Darren Elliott delliott
Mon May 29 23:57:34 CDT 2006

Jazz Guide to Kansas City:  Known for our BBQ and our Jazz, a trip to KC is not complete without taking in some of our live music.  The following links will take you to the webpages of some of my favorite jazz clubs in Kansas City.

1.  The Phoenix has played home to some of the most legendary jazz musicians in history.  A piano bar with nightly live music it is my top pick to have a drink and enjoy good live music.  Their motto is right on.  There are no strangers at the Phoenix, just friends you haven't met yet.
http://www.phoenixjazz.net/

2.  Upscale joint just off the Country Club Plaza.  Good food.
http://www.jardines4jazz.com/default2.htm

3.  Live blues, jazz and R and B in a pub setting.
http://www.blayneys.com

4.  Live blues Wed. through Sunday night and great food.
http://www.bbslawnsidebbq.com

5.  Blues, Jazz, Reggae, Ethnic, Alternative music.  Check the website for who is on the stage.
http://www.grandemporium.com

6.  The Blue Room at the Historic 18th and Vine District.  It takes you back to a time when Kansas City and Jazz were King.  You almost expect to see Satchmo himself walk through the doors.
http://www.americanjazzmuseum.com