[eDebate] GIDI Cancelled

Dr. Joe Bellon debate.gsu
Tue May 30 08:54:18 CDT 2006

I am sorry to announce that this year's Georgia Intercollegiate Debate
Institute has been cancelled due to lack of student demand. For those
of you who expressed support for us or who planned to send your
students to our camp, we thank you and we apologize for our inability
to run the camp.

We started the GIDI to fill what we saw as a regional hole in the
availability of college debate camps. Perhaps, in the future, if there
is renewed interest in using a mechanism of this type to support less
experienced debaters and new programs in the region, we might bring
back the GIDI. Again, thanks to everyone who was involved in this
project.

Dr. Joe Bellon
Director of Debate
Georgia State University