[eDebate] Thanks to All Who Responded to My Question

Duane Hyland privethedge
Tue May 30 11:41:57 CDT 2006

Hi, THanks to everyone who responded. I now know the answer. I don't know - I'm, as y'all know, pretty conservative, and I'm generally opposed to drug use - but stories like this really scare me. I can see taking action against a student who was using drugs or drinking underage, or against a coach, if the coach knew about it, - but to wipe out an entire program for the mistakes of a few people is to my way of thinking not right. I really feel bad for all those kids. Duane

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that person that he, if he had the power, would be in silencing mankind
 If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by  its collision with error." John S. Mill

"Have a Cluckity, Cluck, Cluck Day"