[eDebate] A new Emporia Head Coach!

Darren Elliott delliott
Mon May 8 23:39:28 CDT 2006

As a Hornet Alum I would like to echo Ken's sentiment.  Eric Short made a living off of me judging him his last couple years.  Makes sense he now can make a living off one of my Alma Maters. : )

I am truly pleased to know the program will be in such capable hands.  He could not have learned from a much better mentor than Cate and I know he will be one helluva Coach and Director.

I am so excited to have you closer in the Heart of D3.  If the dance pics are any indication, it will be a fun time indeed!!

Welcome Eric to D3 and welcome to the tradition of ESU Debate.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP Elect
Hornet Alum

>>> "Ken DeLaughder" <kenedebate at hotmail.com> 05/08/06 11:06 PM >>>
[posted with a subject line, so people read it :) - sorry if you get it
double]

When you decide to leave your children, you want them to be in capable
hands.  I am happy that I am keeping my program in the family.

On behalf of the Emporia State University debate team, I wish to welcome
Eric Short to the Hornet Family.  Eric today accepted an offer from Emporia
State University to become the new Director of Debate for the 2006-07 debate
season.  I know the committee had many fine applicants to choose from, and
labored with their decision, thanks to everyone who applied.

We are excited about Eric coming in.  If Cate is my Crazy Aunt, then Eric is
my nephew, and who better to leave your program with than family.  I hope
the rest of the community will welcome Eric to Hornet Debate, to D III
(where his heart always was ;) ), and to a long line of tradition that
defines the ESU debate program.

I hope you are more successful than I was, as we always wish more for those
who follow us.

The link between ESU and UNI has always been a great one, I couldn't be
happier for Eric, or for ESU.  It's been tough to leave, but I feel a lot
better about it tonight.  Good luck Eric, I look forward to working with you
to make your transition a smooth one.

A new Head Hornet is born!

"Hornets sting in swarms..." and now we have a new leader.

Ken D.