[eDebate] CEDATOPIC: New Blog

Bob Jordan bobjordan
Wed May 10 12:54:17 CDT 2006

For those who read such things with a feed reader, the feed address is:

http://cedatopic.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Bob Jordan

-----Original Message-----
From: edebate-bounces at ndtceda.com [mailto:edebate-bounces at ndtceda.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Mancuso
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:31 PM
To: Edebate
Subject: [eDebate] CEDATOPIC: New Blog

Greetings everyone,

I'd like to announce a new blog concerning the CEDA topic writing process.
It's called CEDATOPIC and it is operated by members of the Topic Committee.

It is our hope that CEDATOPIC provides the following benefits to the
committee and our broader community:

. CEDATOPIC provides links to the topic area and wording papers, selected
online reference resources for the Supreme Court topic area, and archives
for the discussion and work which the topic committee will be conducting in
the next month.  This material includes a new report concerning the Topic
Process - its various steps and documents that control it.

. CEDATOPIC as a weblog provides greater organization and immediacy for our
reporting to you, our reserach, and your research and feedback to us.  We
will keep it updated during the summer conference meetings themselves.
Reminder: the summer topic meeting takes place in Kansas City May 31 to June
2.

Please feel free to comment at CEDATOPIC on any of the posts - anonymously
if you prefer that.

CEDATOPIC was launched yesterday: CEDATOPIC.blogspot.com

Over the next few days we will be working on organizing our questions and
research areas for the new topic area.  Hopefully the greater organization
and focus provided by this blog will enable a more effective and inclusive
deliberation process.  Those are certainly the goals.

Gordon Stables of USC is the other administrator of CEDATOPIC - in fact, the
blog was his idea.  If you have any suggestions for additional uses of it
please let one of us know.

Steve Mancuso