[eDebate] 2006 Debater's Choice Awards Results

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Mon May 15 00:09:35 CDT 2006

Look, I dont want to crossfire anything...here is the deal..forget about the
definitions of censorship discussion (I actually think we probably agree
about most of that).

If the bio had not been posted - things might not have been talked out true,
but one person would not have been called out as having an STD (later
determined to have been fabricated) another would not have to be objectified
for plastic surgery etc etc etc..

You are making the argument that its better to have the discussion at the
expense of those peoples feelings.

Your best response will be maybe the other bios wouldnt have done that -
mine is you should not post stuff like that EVER in a public forum....Your
argument is akin to saying that post hoc remedies for libel are better than
supression of the libel because there might be a good discussion of the
value of libelous speech sparked at the expense of those libelled.

Beyond that, I am not sure we disagree,

Josh