[eDebate] students and topic, and dallas mavs stink

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Thu May 25 13:46:50 CDT 2006

A conversation between Josh and Malgor 1 and Malgor 2:

JBH: At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to
anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Malgor 1: Your team is a disgrace to the sport. You have a 7 foot
shooting guard.  it's like watching Harris drop bombs over my fat, 5-7 ass.
unfortunately, a 7 foot SG is ALL dirk is.  no post game, no inside D, no
rebouding skill (unless he's crashing boards because he's too lazy to play
transition D).

Malgor 2: Don't get me wrong, I think Dirk is one of the best players in the
game, a legit MVP candidate this year.

Malgor 2: I will concede Dirk is a good rebounder these days.

Your argument that the Suns trick people to play the Suns game is entirely
true and the best argument you have made in the proceedings so far.
 However, you are wrong in a) that the Suns will win this series and b) that
Dallas will not make adjustments defensively (if you watched the Spurs
series we made at least four changes to how we defended people a half).

The Suns will be worn down by the Mavs depth at guard and forward and Avery
will make good adjustments.  Every team has problems in game one against the
Suns because the Suns philosophy is to expose peoples defensive training by
not following the traditional script.  Even with a good game plan going in
the Suns are so absurd that you just find yourself doing things that will
kill you like doubling the penetrating guard or letting them pick your
center on to their point guard.  In addition, it takes time to adjust to the
Suns speed 1-7.

Finally, and most important, absent a totally awful (but typical) offensive
foul call on Devin Harris it would have been a Mavs win.  If you believe
Nash keeps it up at that pace being defended by five different Mavs....well
we will just have to agree to disagree.  Honestly, the only reason the Suns
beat the Clips is because the NBA gave Nash a three day holiday before a
home game seven.

MG 2: says Mavs D gave up 120
JBH says: see above, will get better as the series goes on.  And Suns will
start to implode, get tired, fall apart.

MG 2: Dirk doesnt play great D
JBH: True but he is much improved on D....sadly, much improved is still only
mediocre for Dirk.

MG2: No D in Allas
JBH: See above

MG2: Dirk goes to hoop like shooting guard
JBH: He often posts up - although at the pace of this series there will be
less posting up

MG2: how did Tony convince Eva to date him
JBH: A question for the ages...he looks like a French Jack-O-Lantern

MG2: Lakers/Kings conference final
JBH: 5 games decided on the last possession...step off fool

MG2: I never mocked Dallas on their D as it compares to the Suns, you are
entirely misrepresenting me.
JBH: Quote from MG1: The Mavs are probably going to allow the Phoenix Suns
make it to the finals.  This is shameful. Learn to play defense.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of bitter Malgors

MG 2: I said you were going to allow them to go to the finals, which angers
me (i actually like the mavs, especially when compared to the suns, but just
because i like a team doens't mean they play good Defense, see: chiefs,
royals).  Here is how the Suns win, and how they will consequently beat
Dallas.  Suns- "let's run these bastards, 3 balls and transitions over and
over again, forget about d."
JBH:  Yes, we all know what the Suns gameplan is...we all know it exposes
tendencies....see above....Mavs will win....Mavs will win even if they lose
game two.  You heard it here first.

MG2: THE DADDY, THE ONE MAN SHOW, THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE IN BASKETBALL, THE
LSU ALUMN, THE DIESEL. Diesel's gonna get him another ring.

JBH: Well that about says it all....nice talking to you big fella :)

Josh