[eDebate] GIDI Cancelled

matt stannard stannardmatt
Tue May 30 09:29:07 CDT 2006

I am sorry to hear that GIDI has been cancelled.  We heard very good reviews
of it last year.

In the future, you may want to consider changing the GIDI to a cooperative.
The great thing about hosting a cooperative is that it doesn't matter how
many people attend; there is no imperative to meet a particular attendance
quota to cover salaries.  Objective expenses (housing and supplies) can be
divided among the participants.  I believe a cooperative model is a better
way to fill regional holes precisely because there is no minimum number of
participants required.

Anyone who was planning on working at or attending GIDI is more than welcome
to attend the Wyoming Debate Cooperative, August 1-14, and can contact me
for details.

Again, sorry about this unfortunate turn of events.

Matt Stannard