[eDebate] Quote about debate topics

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Wed Nov 1 07:33:40 CST 2006

I am getting ready to finish up an article on the high school topic
selection process.  I vaguely remember reading a quote from someone (I want
to say it was a Republican strategist or politician) that argued the most
influential person in America was the one that decided the high school
debate topic since it encouraged future leaders to develop positions on
important issues.

I know so little about this quote that I can't even remember key words or
who said it?  Anybody know? I tried Googling some vague key words but could
not find it.

Thanks!
Tara Tate
GBS