[eDebate] Augustana College Assistant Debate Coach Position

Fitzmier, Daniel DanielFitzmier
Wed Nov 1 08:01:02 CST 2006

Hi folks - Augustana College is hiring for an assistant debate
coach/instructor position.  I have added the actual ad to the end of
this message.  If you are interested please email me at
danielfitzmier at augustana.edu.  The salary is highly competitive and the
team is quite active and growing.  Thanks.

SPEECH COMMUNICATION - AUGUSTANA COLLEGE invites applications for an
assistant debate coach/instructor with a one-year contract (renewable up
to three years) beginning with the 2007-2008 academic year. In addition
to assisting with a nationally recognized NDT program, the successful
candidate will teach courses in public speaking and oral advocacy.
Depending upon background and interest, this individual could also teach
other departmental offerings in interpersonal communication, persuasion
and media, and/or political communication.  The assistant debate coach
is expected to travel with teams, recruit for the program, and maintain
strong connections with high school programs. M.A. with debate
experience is required.  Augustana expects faculty to engage in
scholarly approach to teaching and learning and in significant scholarly
work to include peer-reviewed publication.  Augustana College is a
selective, four-year, liberal arts institution of 2,450 students, most
of whom live in residence halls on a wooded 115-acre campus. Rock
Island, Illinois is one of the Quad-Cities of Illinois and Iowa, a
diverse metropolitan area on the Mississippi River with 400,000
residents. Augustana is an equal opportunity employer and actively
encourages applications from women and persons of diverse ethnic
backgrounds.  We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnic
origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or creed.  Details about
Augustana, our expectation of the faculty, the selection process, and
the Quad Cities are all available at the Faculty Search website;
http://www.augustana.edu/academics/faculty_search/.

Send a letter of application, c.v., graduate transcripts, evidence of
teaching effectiveness  and three letters of recommendation to Speech
Communication Search Committee, Jeff Abernathy, Dean of the College,
Augustana College, 639 - 38th Street, Rock Island, Illinois, 61201.
Questions may be directed to the search chair at EllenHay at augustana.edu
<mailto:lendolcalder at augustana.edu> . Review of applications will begin
December 1, 2006.