[eDebate] Debate quote found

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Wed Nov 1 12:28:57 CST 2006

Thanks to Alex H. from Western Illinois U. for finding the quote about the
high school debate topic...several backchannels requested that I pass it
along if I found it.  Here is the information:

This is something I found that was said by Donald Rumsfeld:

"You can help our country adjust. I used to think one of the most powerful
individuals in America was the person who could select the annual high
school debate topic. Think of the power -- to set the agenda, and determine
what millions of high school students will study, read about, think about,
talk about with friends, discuss with their teachers, and debate with their
parents and siblings over dinner."

http://www.acronym.org.uk/docs/0403/doc06.htm

I am not sure if this is what you were looking for.  Hope it helps.

Alex Heuer
Western Illinois Debate

trip!
http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline