[eDebate] Collection for troops at JMU

Mikedavis13 at aol.com Mikedavis13
Wed Nov 1 14:27:36 CST 2006

Mary Mosley has asked to post the following:

Date: Wed 1 Nov 15:12:53 EST  2006
From: <mosleyme at jmu.edu> _Add To Address Book_
(https://webmail.jmu.edu/wm/mail/read.html?sessionid=-44bb0b93f&op=addsender&uid=1279&msgid=14&mbox=user.davi
smk)  | _This is Spam_
(https://webmail.jmu.edu/wm/mail/spam.html?sessionid=-44bb0b93f&op=isspam&uid=1279&msgid=14&mbox=user.davismk)
Subject: To post to eDebate
To: Michael Davis  <davismk at JMU.EDU>

Hello debaters and coaches!

 I thought that it would be a good idea to send a package

over to some soldiers in time for the holidays and since

some of you will be here at JMU this weekend I thought you

might want to participate. I'm attaching a list of things

that have been requested by a group of 30 soldiers (15 male,

15 female) who are currently stationed near Baghdad. I also

added a few things to the list that I think would be

appreciated based on my roaming around websites in the past

day or so.

  If there's anything that you can think of that isn't on

the list and would be appreciated feel free to bring it.

Also feel free to include any letters of appreciation, I'm

sure that some of the soldiers feel a little lonely and

unappreciated around this time of year, I know some of them

don't have family to send them goodies or letters.

  Don't feel pressured to go out and buy anything! If you

have stacks of magazines just laying around your house they

would definately be appreciated. Just take a look around

your house and see what stuff you don't use that the

soldiers might make use of, especially things that they

could use for entertainment like board games, cards, books,

etc.

  There are some customs forms that I am going to have to

fill out when I mail the packages and I'll have to include

everything that is in the box and the value of everything

(in US dollars) so if you could include that on a list if

you bring things to the tournament that would be a big help.

Thank you!

Mary E. Mosley