[eDebate] Graduate School & Coaching @ Baylor

Matt Gerber matt_gerber27
Thu Nov 2 14:56:49 CST 2006

Baylor University is looking for students interested in pursuing a Master?s
degree in communication studies who might also be interested in working with
our debate program starting in the Fall of 2007.

The M.A. program in Communication Studies at Baylor allows students to
emphasize rhetoric and argumentation, organizational communication,
interpersonal communication, or telecommunication and new media technology.
Our students have gone on to doctoral programs, consulting firms and other
business opportunities, legal consulting firms and law schools, and all the
major networks. Assistantships will also include a competitive stipend, and
the cost of living in Waco, TX is very low.

The Glenn R. Capp Debate Forum at Baylor fields approximately 10-15 teams
each year at all levels of experience. We travel extensively, attending
tournaments at the regional and national level. We host a large college
tournament, two small high school tournaments, a public debate series, and a
summer debate workshop for high school students and teachers. We also
participate in a federal GEAR UP grant program offering debate opportunities
for at risk junior high school students in Waco.
If you are interested in teaching, coaching, and working with a program
active at a variety of levels we would love to talk with you.

Some of our current students or recent alumni could also tell you about our
program. They include: Terri Easley, David Cisneros, Matt Brigham, Joseph
Coppola, Kelley Skillin, Ryan Galloway, Kelly Dunbar, Matt Gerber, Toby
Arquette, Christina Flora, Ron Stevenson, Chris Salinas, Bill Trapani, and
Josh Zive. Please feel free to talk with them.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Matt Gerber
Director of Debate
Asst. Professor