[eDebate] University of Georgia -- Graduate Program

Ed Panetta epanetta
Fri Nov 3 09:26:45 CST 2006

I'd encourage students who are interested in graduate work in communication
to look at the program at the University of Georgia.

The graduate program in rhetoric is rated 1st in the nation in a survey
recently conducted by the National Communication Association.  The
department's graduate program in health communication is ranked 5th
nationally and the graduate program in interpersonal communication is ranked
15th.  The survey was conducted among some 7,100 educators, practitioners
and students in the United States and more than 20 other countries.

Our graduate program funds each student admitted to one of our degree
programs (M.A. & Ph.D.).  The stipend is used to pay tuition and fees and
provides a monthly income.  In most cases, a graduate student would teach in
a classroom setting and work with the debate program.   We begin to review
files for admission on January 1, 2007.  For details about the graduate
admissions process see: http://www.uga.edu/~spc/grad.html

The Georgia Debate union travels to both regional and national CEDA/NDT
debate tournaments.  The assistant coaches have the opportunity to work with
a wide range of students that comprise the membership of the program.  The
Director of Debate does most of the paperwork/travel planning associated
with running a program.  The nature of the Georgia Debate Union is detailed
on our web site: http://www.uga.edu/~spc/debate/

The University of Georgia is located in Athens Georgia.  You can find
information about Athens at:    http://athensexchange.com/    or
http://www.visitathensga.com/

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: epanetta at uga.edu